Sooo, you are probably wondering why I didn't write yesterday! lol We had a zone conference so our p day is today.
Alright so this week was
pretttttty dope. Christmas! Ha, Monday, we had p day like normal.
went to this hill that overlooked a huge town, was tight. Love it
here!
Tuesday was Christmas eve, and
the rules were a little different than usual. We got to stay out
until 12:30, and have dinner at a members house. We had a barbecue with a recent convert and it was mad funny, we just cracked jokes all
night basicamente. Haha It was real nice though cause the years in
the past she has only spent Christmas with her and her son, so she
said it was real nice to have more people in the house.
Christmas day was fun, I got
my packages from Pat and Auntie Judy! Awesome Christmas present! lol
everything in it was perfecto. Later that day got to speak with the
fam! Never realized I would stumble as much as I did after having the
habit or trying to speak spanish to everyone i talked to lol. I only
imagine it being more difficult on mothers day! haha. It was awesome
though!
I've been doing way better at
my contacts though, this week I made a goal to do 10 every day by
myself and I've really been doing it, its pretty fun too! Lots of
funny weird things happen. Lol I was talking to a lady a couple days
ago that mentioned she doesn't believe in any church or anything, and
so I just went on to tell her that we only invite others to learn,
and if you believe there's a god, to ask him yourself to find
out....and she just sprayed me with her hose haha. It just made me
laugh so hard! It was awesome! lol.
It was dope though when we
went to our investigators house to check on how she´s doing and we
ended up talking to her dad! We thought he was gonna be all stickler
and what not, but he´s pretty much golden like his daughter, asked
tons of great questions! They're definitely gonna love what we have
to share, its just been hard to find time because I'm pretty sure his
daughter has a serious health problem, because she actually asked us
to pray for her.
So Christmas is a
little different here...at midnight on Christmas eve all the kids run
out and play in the street, and someone yells ho ho ho and stuff, and
then when they come back inside after a bit there presents are under
the tree haha, little interesting. I just read Spencer's letters.
He's soo hilarious haha. Just like Uncle Gerry... I'm sittin here
crack-in up, and need to step up my story tellin! I think i just
forget things lol.
So, other than that, things
are going superb! Just learning my Spanish...es mucho mejor cada dia.
Lol. (it's a lot easier for me now) Well, better go lots to do today.
In closing..I found out that
Doctrina y Convenios Seccion 42 is pretty knowledge filled and would
challenge you to read it this week. (D&C 42)
Love,
Elder Preciado
interesting article about christmas
ReplyDelete