So, yesterday was mad-real. First
baptism!!! His name is Lalo, nickname for Eduardo, lol. His wife is a member,
and even served a mission! He was one of the first people we taught once we got
to our area. He was supposed to be baptized a week ago, but he was drinking
coffee haha, and idk if he was taught not to or not, but we covered that for
him and he totally understood.
I never thought my companion and I did
much because HE told us he wanted to be baptized the first time we taught him,
but once my companion got done baptizing him yesterday, his wife leaned over to
me and said thank you and everything and told me that there was something
special about us for some reason. I still don’t know what or why or how, but
that doesn’t matter, lol. I guess he had been talking to the missionaries for
over a year now and coming to church forever, but we were able to get him in
the water within two weeks!! So I feel like that might speak for itself! Haha… it
was an awesome experience though!
Soooo, also something that supports my understanding that everything happens for a reason happened to me and my companion this week, also. It was my turn to contact someone and so we were on our bikes riding through a neighborhood and saw a random house with a guy outside doing some yard work, I said “Hey!, do you need some help?!” He said no, so i went on to ask if he’s talked to missionaries before etc. Sooner or later, he goes si pasan! (which means we can come in!)..we go into talk to his mom or abuela I don’t remember lol...but we start talking to her, we sing a song by ourselves and then pray for the spirit and go on to explain the restoration..then, another lady walks in and BASICALLY says, I need you guys to leave, so the lady we were talking to says, do you have a problem with them here? She says yes, I have a problem, so we were like oh no she’s atheist or something..lol but we sat there for a second cause we didn’t know what to do then she goes ´bueno, su abuela fallacio´ which basically means, your grandma just passed away. Room goes dead silent. I’m just sitting there like uhhhh oh.....sooo my companion and I just hand her a plan of salvation pamphlet and leave with a prayer.. super weird! But for some reason I knew we were supposed to be there at THAT time whether we knew exactly why or not. It was crazy..I love those moments though!! Don’t know why yet.. haha
Anyways….other than that, my Spanish is
getting so much better its crazy to me. lol I had my first contact the other
day all by myself without the help of my companion! AND, I understood everything
and all. It was sweet! People still don’t believe I’ve been here this long. Lol
(only 2 weeks).
It’s also funny because almost EVERYONE
gives me a funny reaction when I tell them my name. lol In English it means
valuable. haha so everyone always laughs and what not.
My companion and I were at a members
house yesterday for almuerzo, (lunch) and they were awesome, taught me some
more Spanish, and made me feel at home it was sweet! I told them I like to make
music and write and stuff he goes AH! perfecto! Rancagua has elder archuleta
and we have elder preciado! hahaha. It was funny.
Lots of people have been telling me
only certain people get sent to the area I’m in… haha whatever that means, but
they were saying how only certain people can help the people here?? Idk, just
kinda cool I guess. lol.
Oh, and today was a great morning
though, because I finally got to REALLY wash my clothes. The past two weeks I’ve
been using a bowl! Hahaha it was pretty dope, and sweet experience, but I’m
glad we found a washing machine to use lol.
I’m loving it still!! learning Spanish
every day is fun, and eating the food here is bomb!! The people are awesome, I didn’t
think I’d be able to relate to the people here and stuff but once I start
talking to someone it always works out.!!
I contacted a lady yesterday whose kids
are baptized and all, but she doesn’t understand anything about the money
stuff, she doesn’t think it’s right how the tithing and stuff is sorted out or
something..idk. All I heard was “I wanna be baptized, just clear my worries of
tithing and fast offerings lol” J
I can do that!
Days are starting to go by so quick, I
know I just got here but there’s times where I feel like I’ve been here forEVER
and other times I’m like oh I just got here. haha kinda weird...anyways. I got
love for anyone reading this and hope all is well with everyone!
K and, scripture for the week is 1 Nephi
chapter 3, all of it! You can do it! J
Love,
Elder Preciado
P.S. I added some pictures this time! The blue
house is where my companion and I live by ourselves! It’s sweet! …I would pull
the weeds out front if I had the time haha always on the go! lol! And then, the
other picture is Lalo in the baptismal clothes. And then I added one of my
Mission President and his wife & Mason Porter! Last one is my companion! I'll try and send more next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment