Thursday, December 5, 2013

I've Arrived and am Alive!!

Hola!

So today was crazy! I was detained by PDI (FBI for Chile) because my card didn't work and I couldn't get through immigration! So nuts! I was waiting for 3 hours! Then they came up to me and said if I can't figure it out in 30 minutes then they will send me on a returning flight to the U.S.! I, como, WOW! Most intense thing
ever, but I thought it was AWESOME! haha I just prayed and knew things would work out. THEN...I lost my bags!...lol so we had to go all over the airport and luckily they were holding them for me! I just arrived at the Mission office right now and I'm with MASON!! So awesome!! Anyways..I'm here safe and from what I've seen so far (which isn't much) I LOVE IT!!!

Gotta get to work!! Adios!

I love you all mucho!!

Love,

Elder Preciado

P.S. ONLY use USPS for ANY packages as it takes 3 weeks (usually more) but it's the best to use
so that I ensure that I receive them and also so I don't have to pay extra money on my end to receive them! Haha Thanks again for all those awesome packages in the MTC! You of course can still email me the easiest at jordan.preciado@myldsmail.net I will be able to read these weekly.

This is the instructions from the mission office on mail:

HERE IS THE MAIL POLICY… I know you will have questions and concerns.  If this doesn´t answer those concerns, feel free to email. 
We receive all packages here at the office.
The mailing address is :
                           Sucursal Correo Patronato
                           Casilla #60
                           Recoleta
                          Santiago, Chile
When we receive any type of mail it is delivered to the Missionary at their District Class.  The only time that changes is when we have Sector Changes.  Then they will not have a District Class so it will be another week before they get their mail.  We do try to get the mail to the missionaries as fast as possible.  We know that happy missionaries work harder.  So please, mail all you want to keep your missionary happy!!!



This is a letter from his Mission President: 


December 5, 2013


Dear Preciado Family,

            It was a great pleasure to welcome your son to our mission.  He arrived safely, is enthusiastic, and anxious to begin missionary work here in the Chile Santiago North mission.  I have interviewed him carefully and find him well prepared, with a strong testimony, and a good beginning foundation in the Spanish language.  I feel honored to be his mission president and know that the Lord has prepared many people here to receive the testimony of the restoration he bears.   Sister Essig and I will treat him as our own son

            Your son will look forward to your weekly letters of encouragement and support.  E-mail is a great way to communicate with him as he communicates with me by e-mail weekly as well.  If you prefer to send letters, the church pouch system is the fastest and safest method.  The pouch mail comes several times per week and is delivered to the mission office, where we either carry it ourselves, or send it with missionaries to your son as soon as possible.  You can also send letters directly to his address but it will not get here as quickly.  The address of our mission for the pouch system is as follows.

Chile Santiago North Mission
MP-Chile Santiago North Mission
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

            Thank you for all you have done to prepare your son for his mission.  Sister Essig and I will do everything in our power to help him have a wonderful and productive mission.

Sincerely yours,

Fred D. Essig
President, Chile Santiago North Mission

fessig@ldschurch.org

This is President Essig and his wife

No comments:

Post a Comment