Monday, December 9, 2013

Chile is DOPE!!!

Howsigoing?? Chile is DOPE. After the first day filled with tonnnnns of craziness, the next day was just as sweet. We already have a baptism for this Saturday!! Eduardo(aka Lalo) is one of the investigators in our area book. He owns, or works at, a shop in the Centro, the place with just lots of shops. haha  We were looking for him one day, and he wasn't answering the door at the address we had, so we go into the shop which was right next door just looking around and he came up out of nowhere and said to my companion...so i want to get baptized, who do i talk to?... well obviously, conmigo. haha It was awesome!! Everyone here speaks so fast and they don't pronounce the ¨s at the end of words, if that makes sense lol...but i'm slowly getting the hang of it! Every day I always understand more than yesterday,  so with time! lol , its so crazy to me how we meet these people though, its like theyre expecting us but theyre not? no se... but its legit. One nino that was baptized recently (his name is Emilio) and my companion and I got to confirm him with the holy ghost yesterday at church! I didn't even know until we got called to go up with the bishop! haha it was awesome! 

cool story... Once we got to the mission office where I ran into Mason! haha we got paired up with our companions and everything, and then we got our things and went off to our new area. I'm in a place called Los Andes, which is like 2 hours away from the mission office. The area is just awesome all together, totally poor!!, but awesome! I love it everywhere!.... and we get bikes! haha not all sectors do. lol so i feel blessed with that. Once we get off the bus from the mission office we have no idea where to go..were kinda looking around...started asking a random person, and then out of nowhere a guy pulls up in a truck and says...elders! ... so i went and talked to him and the only thing i caught was obispo. hahah so i yelled to my companion its the bishop! hahah  super funny! So he takes us to our new house, and then helps get my companions bags from his last area, man it was so weird but awesome! 

The food here is bomb! Lots of pollo! (chicken) Oh, and instead of eating dinner with members we eat almuerzo (lunch) con miembros. It's like a dinner pretty much cause it's always a bunch of food with different courses, even if it's ice cream after or something!! I've never are so much food in my life! Way more than the MTC!! But I finish it all every time and feel great! haha I feel like I'll definitely get the pounds I need here! lol Oh!, we have a house to ourselves. I'll try and send a pic in a few. We go to bed at 11:30 and get up at 7:30, a little different than most missions, but its awesome!  The only thing that ever makes me tired is no food and the heat. but I'm doing great! 

Funny story..after a mission conference we had,  everyone in the mission got sick from the lunch they fed us! I had diarrhea so bad hahahahha but i took the pills i had and i was totally fine after that lol!!! (diarrhea since eastersss) hahaOne thing a little different is that we don't knock doors, we ring a door bell or just yell ...HALO!.... and wait to see if someone comes out haha. It's interesting to me, but its just the culture I suppose.  Hmm.what else..not suree. I  just know that it's awesome here....I know i'm gonna love it muchhhh more when I can fully understand and speak the language, but literally almost everyone says I speak realllly good already and are surprised I have only been here less than a week so far.. haha 
lol I'm trying to attach pics now but its taking foreverrrrrr 

The computers are sooo slow so it didn't attach the picture, I'll try again next week. I'll do my best to write down more experiences to share. Read Ether 12:4!   Until next week! Love you Mucho and tell everyone hello!!

Con amor

Elder Preciado

No comments:

Post a Comment